- Your Photo Featured in Senior Corps Calendar (12)
Twelve (12) photos will be selected as finalists in this competition. These photos will then be made into a Senior Corps calendar that can be downloaded from the nationalservice.gov website
About the Challenge
The theme of the 2013 Senior Corps photo contest is “Senior Corps: Making a Difference for Generations,” which communicates the value and impact of Senior Corps to America’s communities.
- 1. Overall Impact demonstrated (education, support for veterans, etc.)
- 2. Composition or Technical Quality (no fuzzy photos)
- 3. Inclusion of the Senior Corps program specific logo and/or the generic Senior Corps logo
- 4. Creativity in expression of how Senior Corps Makes a Difference for Generations
How to Enter
Please submit only one (1) photo with each entry - if you submit more than one photo, only the first photo submitted will be considered. If you are submitting a second photo please do so as a seperate entry.
Submissions and Deadlines:
Submissions will be accepted from May 6, 2013 through 5:00 p.m. EDT August 6, 2013. Submissions should be posted on Challenge.gov along with the name of the program and a description of service being performed. To be eligible for consideration, entries must be posted on http://seniorcorpsphotos.challenge.gov no later than 5:00 PM EDT, August 6, 2013.
Photo submissions should capture the impact that Senior Corps makes on communities. Consider how the image will help inspire and engage other older Americans in service and educate them about Senior Corps. The photo should be action oriented and creative. All entries must include the Senior Corps program specific logo and or the generic Senior Corps logo. Photos should also include a tag line that tells the story behind the photo.
- By submitting a photo, entrant warrants that he/she is the sole author and copyright owner of the photo or has permission (via license or otherwise) to use or incorporate those photo elements authored or owned by third parties.
- Photos must include the Senior Corps program specific logo and/or the Senior Corps logo on signage, clothing, etc.
- Photos may not have been entered into any other contest or won any other award.
- Use of images and other works in the public domain may be incorporated into entries. However, materials that infringe on the rights of any third party may not be used unless consent has been obtained.
- Photos must not contain brand names or trademarks except those related to Senior Corps or national service programs.
- Photos must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, or defamatory.
- Photos must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Photos must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state.
Submission of a photo constitutes the entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) Photo Contest (Contest) submission period begins on May 6, 2013 and ends at 5:00 pm EDT on August 6, 2013. The contest is sponsored and conducted by CNCS, an agency of the Federal government. CNCS is headquartered at 1201 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20525.
By submitting a photo to this contest, each participant automatically confers on CNCS an irrevocable, nonexclusive and unrestricted license to use the photo for purposes consistent with Senior Corps or the CNCS national service mission. This includes the right to copy, reproduce, display, or distribute the photo, and to make derivative works based upon the photo or a substantial portion of it without attribution or prior permission. Other than the authority to CNCS, as set out in this paragraph, entrants retain ownership rights of their photos.
General Terms and Conditions:
By participating, entrants agree that CNCS is not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of CNCS that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; (iv) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest, including claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. CNCS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend, or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) computer virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such cases, judges will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by CNCS. CNCS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it determines to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Contest or CNCS website.
Winning participants must declare that they have written consent from people featured or identifiable in their photo. All finalists will need to present written consent declaration forms and a submission form to CNCS upon notification that they have been selected as finalists.